Our sister church is SS Simon & Jude, Castlethorpe. The parishes have been joined together for a thousand years.
Corona virus risk Assessments
I am really delighted to tell you that we are ready to reopen Ss Simon & Jude for Public Worship from next Sunday, Sunday 19th July which will also be Fr Adam’s first Sunday with us.
This has been a long haul, seventeen weeks in fact, and as fasting goes, the inability to be together, pray together, sing together, receive Communion together and simply laugh together has been very far from easy. Even now we are not out of the woods and we won’t be able to do everything just as we did before, nor will everyone feel able to return straightaway. We will continue to offer worship and other activities online to ensure that no one is left behind, I am acutely aware that for some (many) these have been a real lifeline.
As with every organisation currently re-opening a huge amount of work has been done in advance and I am very grateful to PCC members and others who have given their time to this. You will need to bear with us in that a number of things cannot simply be as normal.
- The capacity of the church is very limited as we have introduced 2 metre social distancing for your safety (as Castlethorpe Church 2 metres is very limiting!!
- You will need to book your place in advance by 5.00pm on Saturdays (see the poster for details) having your details means we can offer track and trace if needs be.
- You will need to choose between services at 9.00am or 10.00am
- If we are oversubscribed at those two services we will either offer you a place at one of Hanslope’s services or possibly even add an extra service at Castlethorpe to ensure everyone can attend and make their Communion
- Please use the hand sanitiser on arrival
- The collection plate will be at the door
- You will be guided to a seat by a steward. Please do not expect to sit in or near your ‘normal’ seat, if you have one! Please wait to be admitted no earlier than 10 minutes before the service if you are arriving for the 10.00am service.
- Seats are designated in advance – only sit where the Steward asks you to sit, each seat will have a service sheet on it in advance
- Communion will be administered standing from a single point at the front of the Altar platform – a steward will be on hand to guide you
- We may at some services have an organist to provide music before, during and after Mass, but we are not yet permitted to sing as a congregation
- There will be no Tea and Coffee afterwards, you are welcome to socialise, socially distanced, outside after Mass if you wish, after the 9.00am service be mindful of the 10.00am service starting soon after your service has finished and our need to clean the seats before the second sitting!
9.00am and 10.00am Sung Mass (weekly) advance booking required
6.00pm Evening Prayer (said on 2nd and 4th Sundays only) no booking required
There is a simple celebration of the Eucharist on Wednesdays at 5.30pm
Many events are held jointly between the two churches and a warm welcome awaits.
PCC (Church Council) Secretary Jan Bance 07541 413970 is the person to contact if you have any questions about church events
Sunday School runs during the Sunday morning service most Sundays in term time, at the village school, for further information contact Melissa King
Little Lambs is currently in abeyance it would normally meet in Church from 2.30-4.30pm each Friday afternoon in term time. Parents and their under fives are welcome in the first hour and school aged children can join us in the second hour.
Social Media Castlethorpe Parish Church also has a Facebook page for friends and regular worshippers.